In 1866 the Strong family settled in and called this area home.
Many have moved in and then moved on, but the Troxell, Strohl, Strong & Dunbar families “toughed it out” and grew roots. Strongs were early-day merchants and the Strohl family donated the land for Almeria Cemetery in 1886, after the death of their daughter. Strong’s Store and Post Office closed in 1971.
In its “hey-day” Almeria Hall attracted Saturday night dancers from far and wide, hosted skating parties and many other community activities