Nebraska’s Junk Jaunt
Vendors along the route have included antique dealers, garage sales, salvage yard operators, used car sales, eating establishments, craft stores, businesses and entertainers.
The “Junk Jaunt” involves more than 40 communities in 10 counties of central Nebraska. Attendance for the annual event is widely estimated to be between 15,000 and 20,000 “jaunters.”
The purpose of the event originally is to attract people to the area to showcase tourism and promote an economic benefit in each community.
Loup Basin RC&D Partners whom helped establish this event:
- Sandhills Journey Scenic Byway
- 40 Communities
- 10 Counties of Blaine, Custer, Garfield, Greeley, Howard, Loup, Sherman, Valley, Wheeler, and Hall
- Loup Basin RC&D Tourism Committee
- County Tourism Promotion Committees
- Nebraska Division of Travel and Tourism
(2005) Nebraska Division of Travel & Tourism Grant $ 4,700 Howard, Valley, Garfield, and Custer County Tourism Promotion Committees $ 1,200 Sandhills Journey Scenic Byway $1,000 Loup River Scenic Byway $2,500 Total $9,400.
It is a 300 mile continuous Yard Sale in central Nebraska. Visit the website….